Friday, May 20, 2005

The clothes pile

Last night I went to sleep at 10:30 and woke up at 7am. I was exhausted. As usual (well, the new usual), I woke up in the middle of the night to go pee. It was a morning like any other lately - feel queasy, eat something, feel less queasy. Before departing for work, I had another round of feeling queasy. That was disturbing and I hope it does not indicate that my current solutions are becoming obsolete.
I am developing a clothes pile now. These are the clothes that no longer fit comfortably (or at all). It is a little frustrating to be entering this situation. Obviously, I'm not going to buy maternity clothing this early in pregnancy. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and get some clothing in a larger size. But who knows how long they will last?! Anyhow, right now, the pile has one of my favourite summer dresses, two pairs of pants and a few other items. I know why these items have landed in the pile. They are all pieces that become too tight if I gain a few pounds. And well, I guess I have gained a few pounds. I just don't want to wear the pants anymore - they are too uncomfortable. As for the dress, well, it's a bustline issue. The zipper won't do up across the middle of my back.

No comments: