Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Baby Mum Mums

Kudos to my uncle who recommended Baby Mum Mums to me. This post is my tribute to the snack that Rebecca adores.

What are they?
They are rice rusks.

What is a rusk? (frankly, I didn't know until I looked it up)
Rusk = (1) A light, soft-textured sweetened biscuit; (2) Sweet raised bread dried and browned in an oven.

I became afraid of giving Rebecca cookies after some nasty gagging instances. Most baby cookies dissolve and then break into large chunks. Not so the baby mum mum. Baby mum mums have the melt-in-your-mouth quality of a communion wafer, but unlike said wafer, taste sweet and nothing like cardboard (I suppose the downside is that baby mum mums are not blessed).

At any rate, I lay a sizeable piece on my hand (with a flat hand in the manner of feeding a horse), and she picks it up with her index and thumb. Then, she actually crunches it (which is incredibly cute). The best part is, I am encouraging her to master chewing, but I am not stressing over the risk of choking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have heard about these Baby Mum Mum rice rusk and how so many babies love them.
This product has just recently been introduced to Australia and I can not wait to give some to my little girl.