Saturday, November 5, 2005

Bellybutton - smaller but still hanging in!

So, here I am approaching week 32 of the pregnancy, and my bellybutton has not yet inverted. Based on what I've seen at prenatal aquafit, this is pretty unusual. From what I've read, most women pop their bellybutton at week 20. I am actually pleased that it has remained "innie" so long, although admittedly, it is far shallower than it used to be. Mom seems to believe that I should maintain it this way by sheer force of will, but obviously that is quite unrealistic. I've always had a deep belly button, and that is the only explanation I have come up with. At the same time, it *is* interesting to look at the skin in that region that has inverted (so to speak). Since it hasn't seen the light of day for 28 years, it is a little different than the surrounding flesh - in terms of both texture and colour. This week I discovered two belly freckles that I never even knew I had - this amused Greg to no end.
The pregnancy seems to really drag at this point. Six more weeks of work. Eight more weeks until the due date. It sounds like a lot to me. I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER. And of course, there is no guarantee that Rebecca respects the schedule.

No comments: