Thursday, March 12, 2009

Loonie indeed


This is my welt - five days after the initial injury. I included the loonie for size reference. Yes, I bite my nails. Also, the cross-hatching on my fingers is due to my eczema.
This contusion is a direct result of receiving my own shinai in the stomach. It was unpleasant. The bruising was more spectacular a few days ago - it had a nice purple ring on the outside, and red in the centre.
At any rate, to tie this back to the parenting experience, the weird wrinkly skin and lack of tone beneath it is really the last vestiges of my second pregnancy. It's been 11 months, and as you can see, while the stretch marks aren't completely gone, they are greatly faded and will soon be nigh-on invisible. I am back to clothing that is smaller than what I wore post-Rebecca and pre-Lucy, but still not as small as pre-Rebecca.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Qu'est-ce qui s'est passé?