Thursday, October 6, 2005

It's too hot

It's October. We are having record high temperatures. This is the fourth day in a row where the high reaches about 28 degrees. It is disgusting and gross, and I want it to end NOW.
Pregnant women are warmer and let me tell you, I don't appreciate the extra long summer.
I haven't been sleeping properly, even with the A/C unit - Rebecca kicks me all the time, and I am sore in a variety of locations. I get up 2 or 3 times per night. Also, now that I'm in the third trimester, I have lost my energy again. I am back to sleeping 2-3 hours from when I get home, and then having a normal amount of sleep on top of that. The second trimester honeymoon is over.
Lately, I feel like a prisoner of this body. The baby is heavy - for all that we adore her and enjoy her kicking. I find it hard to imagine getting through the next three months in this state. I am starting to experience the occasional shortness of breath which I'm told is due to the baby and uterus crowding the lungs. Also, waking up tired every morning and feeling uncomfortable does not do wonders for my mood. I am a lot more susceptible to emotional ups and downs. Sometimes I am so frustrated that I just want to break things or shed some therapeutic tears. Other times I am just content. But it's mostly frustration.
So the heat on top of all of this is not making Madeleine a happy camper. More like an angry camper who will kick your ass. Except that my sense of balance is off and my belly is in the way, so I can't actually kick your ass, I can just imagine it.

No comments: