Tragically, I am fully cognizant of the fact that I have 3 months and several weeks left (presuming prompt baby arrival).
My trip to CHEO was fine. I spoke to the very friendly genetic counsellor for about an hour and ultimately the testing decision was left up to me. I opted to be tested because ignorance doesn't afford me any peace of mind, and there seemed to be no great disadvantage to knowing the truth of the matter (and some disadvantages to not taking this opportunity). Feeling that I had taken action was the most soothing thing possible. Now I wait a few weeks for my results. If I test positive I know exactly what steps I can take - and if not, well... all the better!
When they take your blood at CHEO, you get special bandaids. Mine was Tigger - thank god. I shudder to think of some of the alternatives (Eyeore! blech!).
I continue to have squashed organ pains (I also read somewhere that very active babies can actually bruise maternal tissues - but who knows the truth of these matters) and back pain. Greg and I went to see "the Constant Gardener" last night and I squirmed in my seat the whole time. It comes and goes. How will I endure this for the rest of the year? I guess I will just suck it up. I am having more difficulties sleeping at night due to back pains, but generally I catch up by having early evening naplets. Rebecca continues to be very rambunctious- I am beginning to feel her move at higher locations. It's a little disconcerting and I have visions of her gnawing on my ribs, but most of the time she stays down where she is supposed to.
I read an interesting article on fetal psychology today:
Rolling into January!