Monday, September 12, 2005

It's 5 in the morning

At 4:30 am most days, I am up and taking the habitual prego pee break. There is no sleeping through the night anymore. That's o.k., they say it helps prepare you for dealing with the baby (who will also not sleep through the night).
I may have mentioned previously that being pregnant has meant (in part) for me, a lot of congestion paired with the inability to take sinus tylenol. So, at 4:30am, wishing to return to bed, I find that I am stuffy. My attempts to remedy the situation via the simple act of nose blowing provoked yet another nosebleed (this has happened recently). Apparently, "High levels of reproductive hormones circulating in your body increase blood flow to the delicate mucus membranes of the nose and mouth. This can bring easy bleeding when you stress these areas — by brushing your teeth too vigorously or by blowing your nose too hard". "Too hard" is a little sujective to me, but it's pointless to argue these points with a cold face cloth blocking off the very air passages I was trying to fix. Anyhow, Rebecca is kicking me and I am hoping that yummy iron smell/taste is going to go away soon. Seemed like a good time to do something semi-productive, so here I am.

No comments: